This Special Edition Synclavier Knob is a re-engineered version of the original knob found on the Synclavier II that can be used with Synclavier Go! or Synclavier Pocket! (and now Sync3 Remote)
The weight and feel of the knob are identical, as we have used the exact measurements and a balanced spring arrangement. The two-inch diameter knob is milled from a solid bar of instrument-grade aluminium (yes, we were doing this long before Apple). The interface software and hysteresis algorithm are taken from Synclavier II.
Please note: postal charges will depend on your delivery address, and there may be local duty/custom charges to pay on delivery.
There’s no substitute for quality
Synclavier Knob is a precision rate-of-change dial. Using the knob to dial-in settings is not only an authentic way of controlling your Synclavier, but an efficient method to design sounds. Your left hand doesn’t leave the knob, your right hand dances over the button panels. You close your eyes and set the parameters by ear. It’s all very right-side-brain.
Reviewers have commented that for the modest cost of a Synclavier Knob and a decent MIDI keyboard, with Synclavier Go! you have what amounts to a full a Synclavier set-up that would’ve cost tens of thousands of dollars back in the day.
Smooth, Fast, Accurate, Authentic
Compatible with :
- Synclavier Go!, Synclavier Pocket!, Sync3 Remote products, to modify synthesizer settings
- Or use as a standard MIDI pitch bend wheel
NB: Stand not included:
- Synclavier Knob is close enough in dimensions to an iPad mini, therefore many iPad mini stands will be compatible. Dimensions: 200 x 134 x 16 mm.
- Synclavier Knob is thicker than an iPad mini, so only those stands / holders that grip the edges rather than enclose them are recommended.
- Bike holder styles work really well, and can affix to a mic stand or keyboard stand well. For instance, WYAO’s universal tablet holder.
- If using a desktop stand, ensure the base is weighty, since turning the knob requires some torque.
- Alternatively, use four self-adhesive rubber feet on the rear, for flat desktop operation.
This initial version of Synclavier Knob is sold as test apparatus. As such, please note that the product has not undergone substantial domestic or emissions testing. It’s unlikely, but not impossible, that this product may interfere with other electronic equipment nearby.
Synclavier Knob is proudly Made in Canada.
Synclavier Knob comes with a 90 day warranty, from date of purchase, which covers manufacturing faults. If you buy a knob from a reseller, you should return the unit to them. If you bought the unit from this website, please return to our address for repair or replacement — use the contact form to initiate this process.
Please note: Our warranty does not cover misuse or accidental damage, such as coffee spills. If properly cared for, your Synclavier Knob should give you years of service.
To protect against tarnishing or finger printing, it is advised you occasionally clean your knob. The wheel can be lightly polished with a metal polish, such as Mothers, and a soft cloth. The front and back panels can be wiped with a soft micro-fibre cloth. If you want to use a wax for cleaning and protection, make sure it is a non-abrasive variety, and test it on the inside of the panel first.